Silicon Valley Innovation Center, registration number 2007/111212/23 ("the Company")
• The terms and conditions contained in this document shall apply to the tour booking concluded between the Company and the undersigned client in respect of the tour, as more fully described in the tour dossier provided to the client on confirmation of the booking.
• All references in these terms and conditions to "client" shall include references to an agent of the client, with such changes as the context may require.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
• These terms and conditions shall be deemed to have been concluded in California, USA and shall be interpreted according to the laws of the USA.
• Notwithstanding the aforesaid, the client must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and other regulations of all countries visited on the tour.
• The Company reserves the right not to confirm the booking until the full amount of tour is paid by client.
• Any amendments to, or cancellation of the booking shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
• The Company reserves the right to cancel the tour, if less than 10 tickets are sold for a particular tour.
• The Company will reimburse the ticket but will not be responsible for any client`s expenses in case of the tour cancellation.
Cancellation of a scheduled tour booking must be made in writing and is not effective until such written cancellation is received and acknowledged by Silicon Valley Innovation Center.
No cancellation fee is applicable to tours cancelled more than 7 Days before Date of the tour.
Should a Client cancel a booking 6 days or less prior to the date of departure of the tour for any reason (except due to death or hospitalisation), the client shall be liable to pay a 50% cancellation penalty.
All cancellations need to be made in writing and confirmed by the Reservations Team by email.
The Company reserves the right, at any time and for any reason, to cancel the tour on notice to the client. In such event, the Company shall refund the tour price to the client. It is recorded that refund of the tour price as aforesaid shall be the Company's sole responsibility to the client, and no claim for any damages, howsoever arising, shall accrue against the Company by reason of a cancellation of the tour.
The client acknowledges that the tour is subject to a minimum booking of 10 passengers (including the client). If the minimum booking is not obtained, the Company reserves the right to cancel the tour and refund the tour price to the client, in which event the client shall (for the avoidance of doubt) have no claim for any damages against the Company.
• 13 – 15 Years: Silicon Valley Innovation Center will accept a maximum of two children between the ages of 13 to 15 years on any tour without requesting permission from agents or clients. If more children want to join a tour once the maximum has been reached, this will be allowed on a request basis only.
• 13 Years: No children under 13 years of age may travel on Silicon Valley Innovation scheduled tours.
• Any traveler between the ages of 13 – 16 must be accompanied by a parent, unless specific authorization had been obtained from Silicon Valley Innovation Tour.
• 17 – 18 Years: Guests of this age may travel with us with a letter of permission from their guardian; they do not require a parent to travel with them.
• "On A Request Basis" means that Silicon Valley Innovation Center will receive the child request from the agent and once company has confirmed receipt of the child request with the agent in writing, all other agents who have guests booked on the specific departure will be contacted to request permission for the child / children to join the tour. The agents then have 48 hours to respond to the request. If no response is received from any agent, the child/children will be accepted onto the tour. If the response is negative, we will have a look at an alternative date or tour for the family.
PASSPORTS, VISAS AND OTHER TRAVEL PAPERS
• It is the client's sole responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, health certificates, and any other required documentation are all in order for the countries to be visited during the tour.
• The Company shall not be held liable for any consequences, damages or claims if the client prior does not correctly attend to the client's documentation and related matters as contemplated herein.
• Comprehensive travel or health insurance for USA citizens is mandatory on the tour. It is the client's responsibility to ensure that he or she has such insurance in place (together with the required paperwork to prove such insurance) before embarking on the tour.
• Should the client be unable to present proof of such insurance to the Company (on request therefore by the Company), the Company may, in its sole discretion, exclude the client from the tour, and the client shall be liable for the cancellation penalty payments set out in these terms and conditions.
• The client acknowledges that the travel insurance must include comprehensive medical insurance including provision for air evacuation, and that the Company shall not be liable for any consequences, damages or loss as a result of the client failing to have the necessary cover.
• The client shall be responsible for all baggage and personal effects brought by him or her on the tour, and the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage to such baggage or personal effects, howsoever arising.
• The client accepts that to participate in the tour requires a measure of physical fitness and health and it is the client's obligation to ensure that he or she is medically fit to embark on the tour.
AUTHORITY ON TOUR
• The client must at all times comply with the laws, customs and foreign exchange regulations of all countries visited during the tour.
• In addition, the client acknowledges that any disruptive, dangerous or potentially dangerous behaviour during the tour shall not be tolerated and that the Company, its employees, representatives, agents and/or contractors being so authorized, reserve the right to exclude the client from the tour at any point therein in such circumstances.
• The Company shall not be liable for any costs and/or expenses for the client resulting from exclusion as aforesaid, and the client shall not be entitled to a refund or rebate of the tour price or any additional compensation in such instances.
• The Company reserves the right to use any photographs and video taken during the tour for use in marketing or any other advertising material, and the client hereby consents to such use. The client further agrees that the Company shall retain copyright over any such photographs and videos taken during the tour and/or used in its brochures and, to the extent necessary, the client hereby assigns copyright in such photographs and/or videos to the Company.
Unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to war, mechanical breakdowns, weather, riots and other unforeseen reasons beyond the control of the Company may cause delays or alterations to the tour. The Company shall not be held liable in any way for any of these possible occurrences or any consequences, which may arise as a result of these.
INDEMNIFICATION AND EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
• The Company and its respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising ( including, but not limited to, the client's or any other person's injury or death, or any loss of or damage to the client's or any other person's property) which the client or any such other person may incur or suffer as a result of or arising from the clients participation in the tour and any other activities undertaken on or during the tour, and the client irrevocably and forever releases and discharges the Company and its respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all such liability.
• The client furthermore indemnifies and holds the Company and its respective directors, offices, employees, representatives and agents harmless from and against any land all loss, damage, actions, proceedings, claims, demands and legal and other costs and expenses (including legal costs on an attorney and own client scale) of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising (including, but not limited to, the client's or any other person's injury or death, or any loss of or damage to the client's or any other person's property) which the client or any such other person may incur or suffer as a result of or arising from the clients participation in the tour and any other activities undertaken on or during the tour.
The Supplier has a strong commitment to providing excellent service to all of our customers and visitors of this Website, including respecting concerns about privacy. The Supplier will explicitly ask when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you ("personal information"). Generally this information is requested when making reservations; when requesting a particular service. You agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
The purposes for which The Supplier will use your personal information are as follows: to transact with you via the website or email regarding reservations, to provide services to you via our website; to inform you of new features, services, special offers and products (provided you have consented to receiving such marketing material); to enable us to process, validate and verify reservations and requests for services and for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; to improve your experience on our website.
The Supplier shall be entitled to disclose personal information if required to do so (a) to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on The Supplier; (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of The Supplier, and (c) for the purposes of distributing same to various employees and/or third parties who assist The Supplier in providing services to you and thus need to know your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service to you. We will ensure that all such employees and/or third party service providers having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations in relation to your personal information.
Whilst the supplier is of intent to take reasonable measures to keep personal information about you confidential, it shall however not be liable for any loss or damage, suffered as a result of the disclosure of such information beyond the reasonable control of the supplier.
The Supplier will:
• treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
• take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
• promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorized use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
• provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
• upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.